A burning sensation or stinging may occur during the treatment. Possible side effects include, but are not limited to: peeling, tightness, mild to extreme redness, suction marks, wind-burn sensation, dry and flaking skin. The results of this treatment may vary due to conditions such as age, condition of the skin, sun damage, damage due to smoking, climate, etc. Some patients may experience redness, irritation, dryness, post treatment acne flares, or folliculitis. Blemishes and/or cold sores may result after this treatment. This treatment is a cosmetic treatment and no medical claims are expressed or implied. Before Treatment: Inform your provider if you have a history of facial and/or nasal herpes to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
Pre & Post Treatment Care
- 7 days before treatment: Avoid chemical peel, waxing, electrolysis, laser treatments, or threading within 7 days before and after this treatment.
- 5 days before treatment: Do not receive injections of Botox, Collagen, Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane, or other injectable filler or Botox.
- 3 days before treatment: Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, Salicylic Acid, or other “anti-aging”, “acne”, and “bleaching” products. Also AVOID waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily of SPF 50 or higher (i.e., EltaMD®).
- Immediately after treatment, it’s normal for skin to appear red and inflamed. Light scabs may form in the treated area and remain for 24 to 48 hours. Discontinue the use of all topical products for 72 hours following treatment.
- Use a gentle moisturizer as needed and only cleanse skin with a mild cleanser.
- Do not use heavy makeup for the first day. Avoid excessive sun exposure, including tanning booths, and wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily of SPF 30 or higher.
Why wait for it to keep bothering you?
If you've come this far, then it's time to take action! Fill in the form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Whether you are interested in a particular treatment or looking for a more comprehensive program, just give us a call or drop by. We will tend to your every skin needs.
***Our clinic is located at Mid Valley Megamall, Kuala Lumpur (open Monday to Saturday: 9am to 6pm).