Pre & Post Treatment Care
- 6 months prior to treatment: Avoidance of Accutane
- Recommended skin care regime for preconditioning for 4-6 weeks for optimal results
- 7 days prior to treatment: Avoid any IPL/Laser procedures.
- 5-7 days prior to treatment: No waxing, depilatory creams or electrolysis.
- 3 days prior to treatment: Avoid retinoids, topical antibiotics, exfoliants, hydroquinone, sunburn, and benzoyl peroxide.
- If the use of a peel is recommended in conjunction with the micro-needling, No topical agents that may increase skin sensitivity, reaction to the peel, or dryness 3-4 days prior to the peel (topical retinoid or hydroquinone products).
- No acids or defoliants that may be drying or irritating to the skin (such as alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA) beta hydroxyl acids (BHA), exfoliating masks, hydroquinone, or benzoyl peroxide acne products). If no peel is recommended, 24 hours of no irritating products.
- 2 days prior to treatment: No antiviral agent
- Day of treatment: Patient is denied for treatment if there’s active cold sores, herpes simplex, or warts in the area to be treated, open sores, sunburned, or excessively sensitive skin within the application area, pregnancy, dermatitis or inflammatory rosacea within the peel application area.
- Day of treatment: No shaving
- Day of treatment: No significant changes in the skin recently reported including breakouts of skin or excess dryness or sunburn.
- Day of treatment: Skin has to be clean without lotion, oil, makeup, deodorant, powder, perfume or sunscreen.
- Day of treatment: Reports no allergies to salicylates
- Day of treatment: Inform therapist of any changes in medical history and of all medications you are taking
- During the treatment, there may be some bleeding for which is temporary. There may be some mild discomfort during the procedure as well. Topical coolness or anesthetic cream may be used if needed for tolerance.
- Immediately after your Medical Micro-Needling procedure, your health care provider may apply moisturizer and sunscreen topically. Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, Motrin or Advil.
- No aggressive products for 48 hours after treatment. These agents will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation. Avoid sun tanning and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight for at least 3-10 days. When exposed to sun, always use sunscreen SPF 30 or above every 2 hours.
- You may clean your face with a gentle cleanser before bed.
- Redness or sensitivity might be present (and last up to a few days) after treatment
- Use Tylenol only as needed for any soreness
- Peeling may start 3-5 days after treatment
- Do not pick or scratch at treated skin but instead keep moisturized
- Eat fresh pineapples to optimize healing
- Avoid strenuous exercise or sweating for 24 hours due to open pores
- Treat skin gently washing with a gentle cleanser, cool water, using hands only and pat dry no earlier than 4 hours after treatment
- May use cool compresses after treatment if there is excessive discomfort, burning, redness, or swelling
- May use mineral makeup after 24 hours
- Restart regular skin care regimen in 48 hours and Retin A in 72 hours
- You are recommended to follow up and repeat treatments in 4 weeks and for best results a series of 3 – 5 treatments.
- Stay away from exfoliants or glycolic acids that are present is cleaners as these can make your skin very dry after the procedure.
- If your therapist used a roller around the eyes during your treatment, you may have a little micro bruising that may appear for 3-4 days. This can easily be covered with makeup. Days later, your skin will start shedding. These are skin layers that would regularly shed a week later, but the Micro-Needling brings this skin to the surface sooner. During this temporary process, your skin will shed and be dry. You may use your regular skin care products once your skin is not irritated.
- Day 7 onwards: Most patients will notice that their skin is smoother and more radiant. Continue with sun protection every day and reapply every 2 hours if outdoors.
- If you were instructed to take an antiviral medication, do complete the prescribed course.
- Do schedule your next treatment as 2-4 treatment intervals of 1-2 weeks maximizes results.
Why wait for it to keep bothering you?
If you've come this far, then it's time to take action! Fill in the form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Whether you are interested in a particular treatment or looking for a more comprehensive program, just give us a call or drop by. We will tend to your every skin needs.
***Our clinic is located at Mid Valley Megamall, Kuala Lumpur (open Monday to Saturday: 9am to 6pm).